Sunday, November 28, 2010

PetePedia- 2.0


I started PetePedia over a year ago as a way to encourage people to research things for themselves. In the beginning, I would often take an article, or a comment, and show the opposite viewpoint, usually with references, solely to inspire people to look at all the information, rather than relying on a single source. An informed decision is the best decision.

Somewhere along the line, PetePedia morphed into a mish-mash of opinion/observation/ feelings kind of blog. To put it simply, I lost the focus of the original intent of my blog. So I feel it necessary to start anew, with a new look, a new perspective, and a new format to the blog.

Problem is, I still haven't decided where I want to go from here with the blog. I have the new look, and I hope you like it. Editorially, I have not yet figured out exactly what I want to do though.

I could write strictly opinion pieces. I would express my opinion on certain topics, and then show the path that led me to those opinions. I would hope that format would encourage discourse, where others would comment with other references and facts that might raise my awareness, and that would be good. I may even learn some things that could change my opinions. Isn't that the ultimate goal of seeking knowledge?

I thought about a blog that asked questions. For instance, pick a news story, or a hot topic, and ask the questions that I don't hear being asked. Or maybe just asking questions that get my readers to think about things a little differently.

I could just try to be irreverent, and write snarky little pieces of sarcasm that people might find entertaining. Some would say this is a strong point of mine. Or maybe if I just focused on writing tongue-in-cheek style, seemingly taking one view while actually pointing out its absurdity.

The fact is, I don't know right now. Maybe PetePedia 2.0 will be one of those things, or none of those things. Most likely, it will be somewhere in the middle of those things. So, I have a great deal of contemplation ahead of me, but when I figure it out, I hope you like the result. In the meantime....

Take care my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment