If you peek over to the sidebar on the left, you will see a new addition to the Petepedia blog. There now resides a schedule widget that shows my upcoming live performances. It's been over 15 years since my last live performance, so I am incredibly psyched to be getting the chance to play music in front of a live crowd again.
I have this opportunity because I got the news last week that my audition for a well-established regional band was successful. The Vegas Valentinos website on 4/4/2011 officially welcomed me as the newest member of the band. I couldn't be more thrilled.
I was out of the music scene for quite a while, until one night about a year ago when I heard a young lady named Kristen Merlin in a club. She was spectacular. Seeing the crowd reaction to her got me missing that part of the business. I wanted to play again.
I got some new equipment, and started checking around, and on April 17, in Uxbridge, Mass., I will be taking the stage again. The Vegas Valentinos are exactly the type of band I hoped to play for, so I couldn't be any happier.
I also released a single that is now available on many of the popular download sites, like iTunes, eMusic, and Napster, to name a couple. My song, I Wanna be Famous", can be heard for free at my fan page, and you become a fan of the page, you hear and download my next single, "Another Smoky Bar Room", before its release to the public!
I hope to see you all in Uxbridge at the VFW on the 17th. Come up and say hi. Mention this blog, and you'll get a smile from me.
Take care my friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment