Sunday, May 23, 2010

An Urgent plea from PetePedia...


There used to be a television commercial where a woman said a friend told her about a shampoo, and she liked it, so she told two friends, and they told two friends, and etc.. Soon, the screen was full of women all telling two friends. I am hoping that this blog has the same effect.

A woman I went to high school with recently got on Facebook, and we contacted each other. She told me about her daughter, Caitlyn, who isn't quite two yet, and has a disease known as XP. Basically, this darling little child cannot be outside exposed to UV rays, as she is extremely reactive to them. I cannot imagine the amount of care raising a child with this condition would take.

Also living in the same house, is an elderly relative with Parkinson's Disease. He also requires special equipment, and much attention. The house this family lives in is much too small, and ill-equipped for the challenges that they face, yet they struggle daily to take care of their loved ones.

The woman, when she is not at home taking care of her family members, is a Nurse Practitioner in a facility where she cares for elderly patients. The size of this woman's heart and her spirit of giving knows no bounds.

There is currently a campaign on Facebook to nominate this family for Extreme Home Makeover, in hopes that the show will pick them to receive a home that suits the needs they have. In my opinion, this is exactly the kind of family the show was designed for.

So I am asking all the readers of this blog to click on the link, and nominate the McCabe family. Feel free to copy and paste the link in your social network status.

I've told two friends. I hope they tell two friends, and so on, and so on.

Thanks.

Click here to nominate the McCabe Family

No comments:

Post a Comment