Sunday, December 13, 2009

Catching up...


I apologize for not writing since before Thanksgiving. It has been a very trying time for me lately, and frankly, I just haven't had the time, motivation, or focus to write about anything since Thanksgiving. So I will use today to catch up on a couple of things that have been on my mind briefly.

I have been ill for five weeks now. I have had numerous tests, and spent an awful lot of money out-of-pocket for co-pays for the medical services I have needed. I could rant about how the government is giving away health care to to certain demographics, while my group, working, white males, foots more than our share of the bill, but it's a useless waste of valuable energy.

I could complain that in five weeks, four different doctors can't tell me what is causing this mind-numbing pain I have, but that would just be construed as whining.

I could talk about the wonderful medications available to me, but all they do is mask my pain while causing me to be drooling imbecile incapable of forming a conscious thought.

I could be thankful that my family has been there to support me in my time of discomfort, but, with the exception of my big brother, the only time I hear from them is when they want money. Hey, sounds like my Doctors. Haha. I made a funny.

I will tell you what I am happy about though. I am grateful for my friends. I never really thought of myself as a friendly kind of guy, but lately, many of my Facebook friends have been showing concern for me. Genuine concern. That surprises me because, well, to be frank, I'm pretty much a jerk. Yet, people are really worried and frustrated right along with me.

I also know how strongly a couple of people in particular feel about me. I know this because they yell at me. And they wouldn't yell if they didn't care. I've known one of these people for many years and consider this person to be my best friend ever. But the second person caught me totally unawares. I never expected that type of reaction from her. It has given me a reason to think about things a little more.

Today is Sunday. Tomorrow,I will call the specialist I saw and see what all these tests show is wrong with me. Maybe I'll get an answer, maybe I won't. But I need to keep trying. I need to keep working. I need to keep struggling through the days.

Apparently, there are people out there who are pulling for me. I'd hate to disappoint them.

Take care friends.

Till next time,

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment