I have to admit that for the last few weeks I just haven't felt good physically. No one problem, just nagging little things that flare up and disappear. As a result, my mood has not been as cheerful as I would like. Lately, the news has not done anything to help my situation any.
I live in Massachusetts.Thanks for your sympathy. Politics in Mass., well, they're tragically laughable at best. This week alone, three fascinating little tidbits that hit the papers.
A State Senator was cited for leaving the scene of an accident on Sunday afternoon. Kinda silly, I thought. Then it's revealed that he has two prior DUI's, and received a Gubernatorial pardon for a third. Might I note, this DUI machine was returning home from the N.E. Patriots game. Is it at all possible that he may have had one too many?
Of course, our RMV (Registry of motor vehicles)won't do anything about it because they are scrambling to find excuses for closing over a dozen offices. They claim it's because of budget cuts, but a little research shows the RMV operating expenses at $40 million a year. Their revenue was $130 million, up $82 million under Govenor "Coupe" Deval Patrick's administration.
Then there is the election to replace Senator Ted Kennedy, who passed away after a fight with brain cancer ended his life-long service to the people of the Commonwealth. Two of the candidates are literally arguing over will be the kindest to the state's criminals. Yes, you read that right. I just can't make crap like that up.
A few miles to the north, 4 teenagers allegedly murdered a 42 year old mom and slashed the throat of her 11 year old daughter during a home invasion. Only thing is, they didn't steal anything. The story is they picked a house out at random and decided anyone home would be murdered.The 4 are between 19-17 years of age.
Lastly, I see the battle in Washington over health care. Latest news: even the Democrats are trying to turn the President into a liar. He promised health care reform with no new taxes, yet the Finance committee is all excited about a bill that would require $224 Billion in new taxes to work. With friends like that, the President doesn't need enemies.
So I'm going to go to bed now. I'll turn on some soothing music. Burn a little incense, and hope that when I wake up, I'm somewhere else.
Unfortunately, I doubt I will be.
Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment